Learn more about Mormons

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 13 May 19, 2014


May 19, 2014




When P-Days are on a Tuesday, that week flies by. Not very much changed this week. There were a few nice thunderstorms. I was told that they were baby thunderstorms, but to me, they were pretty big. I guess that when it is the summer, the thunder is so loud and strong that it shakes buildings and homes. That's what I'm talking about! I love thunder. Walking in the rain is no big deal to me anymore. I get soaked even when I have an umbrella over my head. I like to look for rainbows when the sky is calm. There were double rainbows and there was even one rainbow that looked as if it was going through a cloud. The Florida skies are beautiful to look at.




We worked with the Relief Society president this week. She is phenomenal. She has an amazing vision for the ward and most importantly for the women in the Relief Society. Love her.




Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I look forward to Sundays constantly. Sacrament meeting is the best. Welcoming the members as they walk in every morning makes my day! I love them. Since it was the third Sunday, two members from the high council gave talks. One gave a talk on recognizing the promptings of the Holy Ghost. There was something he said that I really liked that I will share with you. "The Holy Ghost is a whispering felt not heard. (I loved that) There are times when people hear with their ears as if it were a still small voice. But it's a whispering felt in your thoughts." That's how it is for me; I recognize the whisperings of the Holy Ghost in my thoughts. It is different for everyone though. I have heard from someone that was about ready to be baptized that he recognizes the Spirit when he gets a tingling feeling down his spine.




In a couple of weeks I will be teaching the Gospel Principles class, the lesson about Baptism! I am really looking forward to that!




Later on Sunday evening, Sister Call and I were about to go visit a home, and we received a text from Enselmo, who is the one I handed the Spanish pamphlet to mentioned in my previous letter, saying that he is reading the Book of Mormon in the park. This was such exciting news! The park wasn't in our area, but we asked him if he wanted to meet at the park in Eagle Harbor to read from the Book of Mormon. He came, and we had a very good lesson! The Spirit was so strong. He was honest and sincere about his questions and concerns about the Book of Mormon. He loves the Bible, most particularly the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John). He told us of an experience he had with his family and he was questioning why he even told us this experience; he just felt the need to. We explained to him that it was the Holy Ghost that prompted him to say that and it really made sense to him. We will be meeting with him on Wednesday to talk to him more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I learned something during that lesson about the importance of listening. When I truly did my best in listening to his questions and concerns, the Holy Ghost would tell me what to say. There is a quote in Preach My Gospel that says "more important than speaking is listening." I know that to be true. I am not the perfect listener, but I have seen the miracles that come from truly listening.




I love love love my mission and I LOVE all of you! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true! 




Love, Sister McCook


No comments:

Post a Comment