Learn more about Mormons

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Week 2 ~ at MTC February 17, 2014



Week 2 at MTC


February 17, 2014

Week 2 at the MTC was a success! I cannot believe how fast time flies. The days just blend together. I'm waking up at 2:30 in the morning tomorrow for a 7:20 am flight! Wow it's really happening!! MOM AND DAD I AM CALLING AROUND 6:30 AM SO BE READY TO PICK UP YOUR PHONES! I'll be reading 'Our Heritage' on the airplane tomorrow. Sundays have been by far my favorite day of the week. Attending Sacrament meeting, 'The Spoken Word', Relief Society (Sister Bonnie Oscarson who is the Young Women's General President) gave an amazing talk about the mission of course, personal study, more meetings, discussions, temple walks,and devotionals! I've been taking lots of pictures and I'll find some time to upload them. But just to let you know it's been pretty difficult replying to everyone with all the emails I get because I only get one hour on email so just know that I'm quickly reading them and laughing/smiling and just loving everything you all say.


My two Companions left this morning on their missions to the New Jersey Morristown Mission so make sure you let the Hancock's know! Their names are Sister Pexton and Sister Andrus. They are wonderful sisters and I have enjoyed really getting to know them and working with them. They taught me great lessons and that it's okay to have fun because I've been just a little too serious. haha. Honestly it hasn't been a weird transition from Madyson to Sister McCook. I rarely think about it.


My teachers Brother Tiatia and Brother Starkie are my inspiration. Brother Starkie looks exactly like Kollin Dewitt it's so weird. Picture Kollin, but with red hair. haha they are the same person!


Four Square is the THING TO DO here at the MTC when we have gym time. My whole zone plays it along with some other missionaries. My zone consists of 3 sisters (including myself) and 7 elders. So it's a pretty small zone but we're pretty close. They have been a great zone and I'm really going to miss them but I'll see a few of them sometimes since 5/10 are going to Jacksonville... It is the best game ever and that's pretty much all I did for work out because I can't really dance although i did stretch out a couple of times after I ran 1/2 a mile. (haha I ran)


For four days last week, my companions and I had the opportunity to teach two progressing investigators. It was a really neat experience. We taught a 19 year old girl who is attending BYU Provo. She is so funny and we really connected with her. We taught her pretty much the entire Plan of Salvation and part of the Restoration. She also read a little bit of the Book of Mormon which was AWESOME!
The Second investigator was taught through Skype which was pretty interesting. It was sad because she wasn't able to talk with us for 2 of the days because of doctor appointments. But it was great getting to know her and share a few messages from the scriptures.
I learn new things everyday from teaching. All I want to do is learn learn learn.

All I want to do is read the Book of Mormon. When I have spare time, I just take it out and keep on reading. Please look up 1 Nephi 1:20. It has been the theme of my mission so far. I love the scriptures.


On Sunday's and Tuesday's at 5:15 my companions and I go to choir practice which is the coolest thing in the world. I feel like I'm in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with the so many missionaries who take part in it and the organ echoing in the building and the chorister is so talented. I love singing hymns and different variations of hymns because the music is so pretty and I feel the Spirit as I sing. I sing hymns so much at the MTC and I love it; whether it's by myself or with my district. I bought a miniature hymn book, it has really come in handy.


This past Sunday, there was a devotional and it was by far my favorite devotional in my entire life. My district and I sat in the 4th row. We all love sitting in front and we were trying to get as close up as we could. Matthew S. Holland who is President of the Utah Valley University spoke. To my great surprise, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles walks in with his wife and sits up in the front. It was the most amazing experience of my life. Everyone stood up as he walked in and I was totally balling (I'm tearing up as I write this) because it was so wonderful. I was sitting 25 feet away from him! He gave a small talk introducing his son who was about to speak and he spoke to us a little bit about not procrastinating getting married after the mission. Bro. Matthew Holland spoke about the life of the prophet Joseph Smith and it was the most life changing experience. Everyone was so touched. He said something that really stuck out to me. "When these trials [hard work in the mission field] come over me, remember the life of Joseph Smith." I loved this devotional I'm never going to forget it. Afterwards we went to watch "Legacy" which was an amazing story of the life of a Pioneer Woman. I had seen it before but I'll watch it again any day.


I cannot wait to fly out to Florida tomorrow! Tomorrow will be my exact 18 month mark until I come home. So put August 18, 2015 on your calendars for when Sister McCook comes home! I can't wait for the people and the amazing miracles that I'm going to witness each day. If you're truly looking for a miracle, you're going to find one. And I truly believe that. 




Tell Grandma and Grandpa McCook thank you so much for the letter! I love you!
Please tell the Huish's and the Cluff's thank you so much for the wonderful treats they sent me that was so thoughtful of them!


Mom, Dad, Jadeyn, and Skye. Thank you so much for keeping me updated and for the love you share through the computer (haha). Tell Jadeyn congratulations on her dancing that is so amazing. Feed Me Diamonds is a magical dance. Tell Skyeler YAY!! for asking Kylie Dunne to Prom he is going to have so much fun. Tell him to email me! Please send me pictures. Even now send me pictures of you all. Mom I love reading your emails and the Dear Elder letters you send me. Please send me more. And as soon as I get my address, I will send it to you. Dad thank you for the advice and please continue to forward my emails to everyone since it's hard to reply to everyone. Thank you for the scriptures I can't wait to look them up and memorize them. You're in my prayers every night. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Give my love to the McCook Family and the Kowalski Family. I can't wait to hear where Skyeler goes on his mission. He is going to have the time of his life.

Well I already have to go :( next time you hear from me, I will be across the United States. I can't wait to share my experiences with you. LOVE YOU <3


Love,
Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment