Learn more about Mormons

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Week 24 ~ August 5, 2014

Week 24
August 5, 2014
Hello Family & Friends!


It's been awhile since I have written to you all. It has been such a very filled crazy past two weeks. We moved into our new apartment that is inside of our area last Monday and it feels like home. It is so nice! And now we have an extra hour in our day to continue to work. I can't believe that the drive from our previous home to Fleming Island made such a difference in the day, but it did! I like this so much better. We can walk out of our home and begin sharing the gospel instead of jumping into the car and expecting a 30 minute drive. It is the best!


As many of you might know, transfers are this week. We got on the conference call with 200 other missionaries to see what changes would be happening. I am staying in Fleming Island for another six weeks! I love Fleming Island so very much and I am very grateful that the Lord has given me more time to be here. On the other hand, my companion, Sister Call, is being transferred. We have been serving together since the day after I walked off the plane in Florida. For six whole months! 


Today is my six month mark. I have a new companion; we will begin serving together tomorrow. Her name is Sister Ashcraft. I have mentioned her a few times in past letters because she was my Sister Training Leader. Now she is my companion! I am excited to serve with her. I will give more details next week when we are actually serving together.


This week, Sister Call and I visited the Bishop's grandson, Sean and his family for the first time ever. We talked about the Book of Mormon and Sean said he really wanted to be baptized. So we invited him to be baptized and he said yes! What a miracle. I am so excited to be teaching him. He is just nine years old and his family will be there too throughout the whole experience. He will be baptized sometime this month they haven't decided which day yet.


I was reading in the Book of Mormon yesterday and I really would like to share this scripture with you all. Before I began, I read the chapter heading to see what this chapter would be all about. It's about the Atonement of Jesus Christ so I was planning on studying this chapter with the superficial perspective that he suffered and died specifically for me. It was then that I read this verse:

"Awake, and hear the words which I shall tell thee; for behold, I am come to declare unto you the glad tidings of great joy." (Mosiah 3:3) It was then that my perspective about what I was about to study, completely changed. The 'glad tidings of great joy' is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I never thought of it like that. The knowledge that Jesus Christ suffered and died for all of us is joyful. We can be changed, we can be made clean, we can be made stronger than we ever could be on our own. He wants us to use his Atonement, that is why it's there. I have a testimony of the enabling power of the Atonement. It is real. It is wonderful and I am so grateful for Him. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is the ultimate expression of Heavenly Father's love for us.


There are a few other individuals whom we are working with. Please keep them in your prayers.

Walt, Allison, Amy, Christine.


Here's my new address and also my email. I don't know if it's posted.

1717 County Road 220 #3303

Fleming Island, FL 32003




Love, Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment