Learn more about Mormons

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 25 ~ August 11, 2014


Week 25
August 11, 2014







I love Fleming Island. If I could serve here in this 8 x 5 mile area for a full year, I would do it in a heartbeat. I love serving here and I love the members.

I have a new companion!  Her name is Sister Ashcraft and she has been out in the mission field for over a year. She will be returning home in December. She already knows the area backwards and forwards and has such a unique, fun way of teaching that I look forward to learning from her every day. She knows how to use her visuals. Teaching with visuals is so much more fun and interactive. It gives a better understanding for both the teacher and the learner. I love it!

Let me just say that every week is a week full of miracles.

Sean is still on board for baptism either this month or next month. We are teaching him every week!

We have been teaching Amy in a member’s home for about a month now. She came to church for the very first time yesterday and truly enjoyed it. The Sacrament meeting was perfect for her. She said she would be coming back and even set up an appointment with the members to have us come back. I love Amy! She is so much fun to be around. I loved watching her go throughout her first time at church, being able to feel the Spirit and she was so happy! That is one of my favorite parts about missionary work.

Miracle of the year. Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the quorum of the twelve apostles came to my mission and had a special meeting just for missionaries. Each of the missionaries was able to introduce themselves to him and shake his hand! I will never forget this experience for the rest of my life. He asked all of us if we had any questions that he could answer. One of my favorite questions that was asked was 'How do I make every prayer sincere and powerful?' He said, "Pray with your ears open. Don't fill in all the space with your words. Be slow, pause, inspiration will come. Feel what the Spirit says to you as your prayer goes along. The Spirit will direct your prayer. By doing this, you can ask what He (Heavenly Father) wants to tell you." I know that this is true. This is truly how we can communicate to our Heavenly Father. Like a conversation speaking back and forth to each other. If we patiently wait and listen to the still small voice of the Holy Ghost, we will be prepared to receive more answers.
I will never forget this most powerful experience. Elder Christofferson testified that "He lives". I felt the Spirit so powerfully in that room. I know that He lives.

I love all of you.
Thank you all for your love and prayers.

-Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment