Learn more about Mormons

Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015 ~ Week 77


 Dear family & friends,

I'll just start at day one Monday.  P-Day ended at 6:00pm and we were driving out of our house.  We put our golden hour street in the GPS and
it couldn't find it!  We then received a phone call from members that said, let's go out to dinner.   We hadn't even had dinner yet (that is usually a normal thing for P-Day). So we went to Gator's BBQ and were able to teach her husband, who is still learning about the gospel!  So that was a miracle.  We then went knocking on a street we were suppose to knock on Saturday and we found a man named Jerry working outside.  Gave him a Book of Mormon and planned on seeing him Tuesday night.

On Tuesday we taught many people and one of the members we read the Book of Mormon with every Tuesday brought a friend over so we could teach him!  That is always the greatest blessing when members bring their friends over to learn about the gospel.  We then brought a member with us to teach (Jerry) and he accepted to be baptized on September 27.

On Wednesday we had a zone conference.  The Jax West and Jax South zones got together and we had fabulous trainings from President and Sister Craig and the Assistants.  They were about member missionary work, teaching quality lessons, following each prompting of the Spirit to reach our fullest potential, and using agency righteously.  I appreciated the member missionary training because I am working on setting goals to be a member missionary.  We role played lots and I even role played with Sister Kloepfer.  Yes, I saw 3/4 companions still out in the field at my zone conference.  I was a happy Sister Missionary!

On Thursday I was on a trade off with a new missionary and she is amazing.  I am so impressed because she did some pretty tough things on the trade off.  But she was able to teach a woman that Sister Clay and I found.  Her name was Patsy and it was her first lesson being taught by us.  She set a baptism date for September 27 as well.  That was a beautiful experience we were so happy!  I also had my final Ward
council as well.

On Friday I went on my final trade off with Sister Dixon in Lake Butler. We taught EVERYONE.  There was so much teaching.  There was a tender mercy though, we went to a dinner with a member and they made homemade chicken pot pie. Everyone knows that is my FAVORITE meal ever.

Sunday was the best.  There are so many people coming back to Church.  Patsy came for the first time, Amelia was there with her sweet family.  As I was sitting down while the sacrament was being passed, I was thinking of everyone that came today many of whom were taking it for the first time and thought, Heavenly Father loves His children so much.  I love serving and teaching them so so so much. We had a lesson with Amelia's family and brought some members with us and had a great lesson about the word of wisdom!

I love love love this transfer.  I just want to live in it for a few more months. This week will be the best week ever.

Love, Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment