Monday, May 4, 2015
May 4, 2015 ~ Week 63 (Week 9 Mandarin 1st Ward)
Sister Kloepfer and I have been really thinking about Mormon 9:21 a lot lately in correlation with planning to expect mighty miracles. We have learned that we cannot change the will of God, but we can change our circumstances and destiny through prayer. "Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth." We have been very specific in our prayers and faithfully asking God for specific miracles.
1. We specifically prayed for a solid media referral. 1 week later, we received a solid media referral.
2. We specifically prayed to find someone in the paper towel section of Walmart to be baptized, and we found someone who committed to be baptized when they knew our message is true.
3. We specifically prayed that someone would call us back after we had given them a card with our phone number on it. Three hours later someone called and we answered a variety of questions that they had and said they cannot stop thinking about our Church.
4. We specifically prayed that someone would come up to us and say they wanted to be baptized. We followed up with an investigator who asked us to come back in a month and as we taught him he said that he might even want to be baptized before we even talked about it or asked him. And he came to Church on his own for the first time on Sunday. Everyone was so kind in taking him in and helping him understand the Book of Mormon and showing him around the building. Pray for Jesse!
Specific prayers bring specific blessings.
I'll just do quick mighty miracles:
1. Monday. We ran into the same cute family in Walmart that we did a few weeks ago in the very same exact spot. We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and she said she would call us. Three hours later she called us and we taught her about the Atonement. She said that Mormonism has been on her mind a lot lately. She lives in Julington Creek
2. Tuesday. We went to the Church to complete portal training and there were lawn workers out putting sod in. We talked with five of them about the First Vision and Book of Mormon, but only one received us. He is excited to read from the Book of Mormon and is looking forward to taking the discussion. He lives in Arlington.
3. Wednesday. We knock on an investigator's door to follow up and her friend comes outside. She is best friends with a member's daughter in our Ward and has always wanted a Book of Mormon but never received one from her friend. She is excited to take the missionary discussions and wants to be baptized. She lives in Mandarin 2nd.
4. Thursday. We were pulling into the Church at 10:10 to attend district meeting and we receive a text from Elder Francom saying that he and his companion won't be there until 11 so the time for district meeting completely changed. Wow. So we had an extra 1/2 hour to whatever we want. We left to go try a potential. We knocked on her home and her cleaning woman opened up. She was so excited to hear about Christ coming to America's that she about took the Book of Mormon from us. We promised her blessings and then she said that her roommate is looking for a church to go to. We received a referral from her. She lives in Orange Park 2nd.
As you can tell, this entire week we found people who do not live in our Ward boundaries and so they were all handed over to other missionaries. It has been a wonderful learning experience to understand that no matter where they live, they need the gospel. I also learned that with Sister Kloepfer and I called to be Sister Training Coordinators, we are strictly here to help all missionaries to succeed in their purposes to invite others to come unto Christ, which helps us to fulfill our purpose.
Elder Munns of the Seventy came to our Mission Leadership Council yesterday. Wow. Is all I have to say. He talked about becoming a consecrated missionary and how to help others become consecrated missionaries. But I wanted touch on something interesting that he said about testimonies. There are two types of testimonies.
1. Sudden impact
He gave an example for the two in relation to the Book of Mormon. He said that people that have a sudden impact testimony, read the Book of Mormon and after praying about it the Spirit just overcomes them instantly when they are praying or after they're done so that they have an experience they will never forget. For those who are gaining a gradual testimony over time, they read and pray about the Book of Mormon and it's not as huge of an experience but over time with reading and reading over and over again, the testimony grows and grows. I feel like I have had experiences both ways with the Book of Mormon. I know that what Elder Munns said is true!
I love mighty miracle May.