Learn more about Mormons

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week 18 ~ June 24, 2014




Hello family and friends!

This week is transfers! Yesterday was the night for the big conference call that all of the 250 missionaries get on to find out if they were being moved to a different area in Jacksonville or not. All day yesterday I was thinking about the possibilities of either getting a new companion or both a new area and companion because Sister Call and I have been with each other for 4 1/2 months. I was so grateful that our day was filled with many opportunities to teach and meet with members, because I was able to put the thought of transfer calls in the back of my mind. Sure enough came the time for transfer calls and the big news is that Sister Call and I are staying together in the Fleming Island 2nd Ward for another 6 weeks!!!! Whoa! Best news ever. I love Fleming Island and I love serving with Sister Call!

This week was the Jax West Stake Conference. Sister Call spoke in the Saturday night session and her talk was phenomenal. There was something that President Craig said about the Book of Mormon that really stuck out to me that I wanted to share with you. 


"Don't you wonder what would happen if we treated our Book of Mormon like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets? 

What if we turned back to get it if we forgot it?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we spent an hour or more using it every day?

What if we used it to receive messages from the 'text'?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to kids as gifts?

What if we used it as we travelled?

What if we used it in case of an emergency?


Unlike our cell phones, one Plan fits all, unlimited usage. No roaming charges. You always have reception. No weak signals and we don't have to worry about our Book of Mormon being disconnected, because our Savior already paid the bill."


This is one of the goals that I made right when I began my mission, for when I come home in 2015. To study from the Book of Mormon just as much as I use my phone. I realized right then when I came out that when I was not a missionary, I had been spending too much time on my phone when I had it. It is possible to balance every little thing in life. Whenever we need answers, turn to the Book of Mormon, Heavenly Father is our first source. I find all of my answers from reading and praying about the Book of Mormon.


I love the Book of Mormon. I love it because I feel closer to the Savior. Anyone who reads and prays about the Book of Mormon can feel the most exquisite love from our Father in Heaven and have hope because of Jesus Christ. I finished reading it and have begun reading it again. The Book of Mormon is true. 


There were the craziest storms this week. Power went out in almost every neighborhood in Fleming Island. We were at the library parking lot about to leave and all of a sudden there was a down pour. Even when our windshield wipers were on full speed, we still could not see anything. The thunder was cracking. And then it started hailing. The size of small stones. That confused me. The temperature went from 95 to 75 in five minutes. And after the storm, there was steam coming from the road. I can live with this, except we were kinda stuck in our car.


This Sunday we are going to have a Family History fireside. We are so excited for this! To help everyone begin or continue their family tree and find their ancestors. I can't wait to tell you all about this. It's such an exciting time. The Spirit of Elijah is real. Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father's Plan. 


I love being a missionary!


Love, Sister McCook



Sister McCook and her companion Sister Call.  They have been companions for the past 4 months.

  






No comments:

Post a Comment