Learn more about Mormons

Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 15 ~ June 2, 2014





We had a very great miracle with Walt.  We have wanted to introduce Walt to the Plan of Salvation for weeks. I just knew without a doubt that it is exactly what he needs to have an even greater understanding of the fullness of joy that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has to offer. It seemed like for the past couple months that it just wasn't the right time even though I wanted so much to share it with him. We visited with him on Thursday while Jackie was talking with another member who happened to come over to their home at the same time. Walt finally revealed to us what he wanted to know most. His question was, "I just want to know what my purpose is, why I'm still alive?" (He was in a car accident and the Doctors were certain that he wouldn't make it, but he did. He is very healthy!) The Spirit was so strong in the room. I asked him if he believed that God had a plan for him. He said yes. I asked him if he's ever heard of the Plan of Happiness? He said no, but he is really interested to hear more about it. We promised him that he would be able to know of his purpose here on Earth. I am so thrilled to be able to teach Walt the Plan of Salvation after weeks of wanting to. It was all on the Lord's timing. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect and I know that His plan gives each of us our purpose. Having the knowledge of how we can return to live with Heavenly Father again with our families eternally. He has provided us with a way, it is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and obedience to his teachings that we can! It truly is the Plan of Happiness.

Creature of the week:  Every day I see Cardinals. They are my favorite bird. In Tucson I would see maybe one cardinal a year. Here I see at least ten a day. They are beautiful birds.

Today I was reading in the Book of Mormon. Jesus Christ teaches how we can receive answers to our questions. He gives us a simple formula. 3 Nephi 14:7-8 7- Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and he shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you. 8- For everyone that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened unto you. We have to do our part in praying to Heavenly Father asking him a question that we desire to know the answer to, asking Him for guidance. We then do all we can to seek for the answer. In the scriptures, an experience, General Conference talks, etc. And then when we think we found the answer, we ask in prayer, knocking, telling Heavenly Father what we have found from diligently studying. If it be
right, the answer will be "opened unto you". It's a promise. Heavenly Father is willing to give us the answers to our questions, if we are willing to do our part. I love the Book of Mormon, there is so much to learn and the best part is that we will never ever stop learning from it. I know that my faith in Jesus Christ has been strengthened in the Book of Mormon.

This upcoming week is a very exciting week for the Fleming Island 2nd ward. Ryan, who has been investigating and coming to church for the past two years, is getting baptized this Thursday! The members have been really working with him and taking him under their wing. We were blessed to be able to teach him. I love my ward.

I love you all and am thinking of you!

Love, Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment