Learn more about Mormons

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Facebook Posts



Hi I'm Madyson








About Me

I am a full-time missionary for 18 months! I have been called to serve in the Florida Jacksonville mission and it is the greatest experience of my life! I have met and am still meeting some of the most wonderful people. I know that the Lord needs me to serve in this area at this time. College has been put to the side until I return, but I would like to become a nurse. I love trying new things like food, sports, recreational activities, etc. My main hobby is dancing. I've be trained in many styles of dance since the age of 3 like; Jazz, Lyrical, Contemporary, Ballet, Pointe, Acro, etc. I enjoy it so much.

Why I am a Mormon

I was born into the covenant and raised by faithful parents who taught me the gospel, brought me to church, and taught me how to live righteously. I was baptized when I was 8 years old and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I will always remember that special day. In my middle school and high school years, I maintained my standards by keeping the guidelines in the For The Strength of Youth pamphlet. I have a testimony that those guidelines were made for the youth, and also adults, for this day in time. I love reading the Book of Mormon. There is so much information to take in. Every time I read, I feel the Holy Ghost in my life more, I find applications for my life and how I can grow closer to my Father in heaven, and strengthen my faith in Jesus Christ. My testimony is strengthened and I know Jesus Christ lives and that I can live with my Father in heaven again. I know that the Book of Mormon was written for these Latter Days and that Joseph Smith translated it. I love being a member of this church because I have a testimony that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ in the sacred grove, restored this church and translated the Book of Mormon. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of this church in these Latter Days and that he receives revelation from our Heavenly Father to lead and guide us. I know that the commandments can keep me on the straight and narrow path back to my Father in Heaven. I know that families can be together forever. I am so excited to be a servant of the Lord and bring others into the Gospel. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the first, most important thing in my life.

How I live my faith

As a missionary, my purpose is to find and teach all people who desire to know of the gospel of Jesus Christ and help them to come unto him. I want everyone to know how much this Gospel can bring the most exquisite happiness to their lives as it has to mine. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church that is once again on the Earth. I find and teach others during all hours of the day and into the night to help them to know for themselves that this is Jesus Christ's church. I participate in any ward service projects or activities. A ward service project may include cleaning up litter in a park or desert area and improving it's appearance. It is completely voluntary but it is so much fun to work with so many people who also like to improve the community. Serving others reminds me of the perfect example of Jesus Christ, who went throughout his entire life here on Earth serving others. I want to become more like him and help others to follow his example and taste of the joys of serving their friends. Ward activitites are so much fun. Ward activities are a great way to get to know your ward family, make life long friends, learn about their interests, and feel the Spirit. When I graduated high school, I received a calling in my ward. I was given a calling to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ to 5 year olds in the primary. It is so wonderful to see these sweet children grow in their knowledge of the Savior and also the Book of Mormon stories. They are so smart and so eager to learn.


 Check out mormon.org! It's a great website to get to know others and how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has changed their lives. You can even create your own profile. You can also find answers to a wide variety of questions.




May 28, 2014







June 3,2014

"Love is the very essence of the gospel, and Jesus Christ is our Exemplar. His life was a legacy of love. The sick He healed; the downtrodden He lifted; the sinner He saved. At the end the angry mob took His life. And yet there rings from Golgotha's hill the words: 'Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do'--a crowning expression in mortality of compassion and love." -President Thomas S. Monson
I know that the love that the Savior has for each of us is unconditional and that we can all find true joy from the gospel of Jesus Christ.







June 10, 2014

I 'Discovered the Book' when my faithful parents gave me a Book of Mormon to take to Primary every Sunday, before I even knew how to read. They taught me the importance and power that comes from this book at a very young age and it has carried with me throughout my entire life. This is why I'm serving a mission, because I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that any person who reads it will know of the exquisite joy that comes from studying it. #DiscoverTheBook



June 17, 2014

I love searching the book anywhere that is peaceful and can have personal time studying the words of Christ. One of my favorite 'AHA' moments that I have had in the Book of Mormon is in 3 Nephi 12:48 "Therefore I would that ye should be per...fect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect." I love this counsel that Jesus Christ gives. The word perfect means to 'strive to become' or 'complete'. It is impossible for us to ever be perfect here on Earth, but we are asked to be our best and through Jesus Christ we can. Perfection is an Eternal Goal. #SearchTheBook #CalledtoShare






June 25, 2014



As a young girl, I was encouraged and taught the importance of balancing everything that I aspire to do in life including precious time to study from the Book the Mormon. This is how I #livethebook This is one of the reasons why I came out here to serve a mission, because I know the Book of Mormon is true.

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment