Learn more about Mormons

Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015 ~ Week 74 ~ (Week 8 Whitehouse Ward)


Dear Family and Friends,

Since day one of this transfer I have been asking myself and verbally expressing, "I just don't understand why all of this is happening!"  That would be because the miracles are abounding here.  Every day is something new and miraculous that I just can't explain adequately.

We had the most powerful lesson with our investigator James.  We had a member come with us because they are so valuable when they come to lessons.  At the end we had him give the closing prayer and invited him to pray about Joseph Smith being a prophet.  We invited him as well to sit quietly for 30 seconds at the end so that he can receive his answer by the Holy Ghost.  It was the most sincere, heartfelt prayer.  My confirmation of the prophet came, but not only that, he sat there for 5 minutes.  He was soaking up the Spirit.  We quietly waited for him to receive his answer.  When he looked up he had tears in his eyes.  We asked him what his experience was like and he said it was very touching, and he felt joy. So powerful.

We were also at a member's home teaching her a lesson and we asked her if she knew anyone that we could go and teach.  She gets right up and goes to talk with her friend in the kitchen and asks if he wants to learn about the gospel.  He comes right out and says, "I know who you are! When my car was broken down some Elders came and helped me and invited me to come to Church!  They gave me this card!"  Then he shows us the card and sure enough it had the Elders hand writing on it.  Then the member asks us for a Book of Mormon and she took it and gave it right to him.  I had never experienced something like this before!  So now he will be joining us when we come teach her the lessons.  Not only that but there is this 95 year old elderly lady who is being taken care of there and she can make anyone laugh just by talking and telling her stories.

Amelia's family is doing well!  It's amazing to see when a family embraces the gospel, the amount of changes for the better they experience.  We rejoiced as we discussed this last night. Amelia's parents talked about each other and all the amazing changes that have taken place within them.  It's a beautiful sight.

I find myself consistently studying for the Sisters in the Jax West Zone because I'm on trade offs for half the week every week and so I have about four days of studying for them.  I came across this verse as I was reading.  "And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things."  It is a simple yet marvelous scripture that when I read it, I thought, wow.  As often as I pray in my designated place is as often I will receive direction from God.  How reassuring that we do having a Heavenly Father that listens to every prayer.  And answers it according to His own time.


Love, Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment