Learn more about Mormons

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 15, 2015 ~ Week 69 (Week 3 Whitehouse Ward)



Dear family and friends....Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad's out there.  We sure do appreciate all of the efforts you do!

More miracles and connections between my past area in Mandarin 1st and now Whitehouse. I was on a trade off in St. John's with Sister Clay and Sister Sandberg was in a tradeoff in Whitehouse with Sister Anderson.  So, afterwards we decided to meet up at the Mandarin Church building half way and then go out for ice cream to discuss the miracles that we had in our exchanges.  We went to Bruster's and I was hoping we would see Antoine there who holds the yellow sign for his job (he lives in Whitehouse but is someone that Sister Murray, Sister Malm and I met in Mandarin).  We found him just by walking over from Bruster's awhile back.  We get there, but Antoine wasn't there.  And I was so sad because that was the only chance we were going to catch him!  Well we got ice cream and Sister Sandberg shared that she met a woman named Marie F. at the gas station and she was someone that I met in Mandarin and gave a Book of Mormon to just two months previous!  Divine intervention.  She wants the missionaries to come teach her. She lives in the area below us!  Miracle.

Then, we were pulling out of the parking lot of Bruster's and to our greatest astonishment, there was Antoine walking on the side walk with his yellow sign!  I pulled back in the parking spot and we got out to talk with him.  What a miracle!  We are having a lesson with him and his family next Sunday!  These are all tender mercies that we are seeing here and great rewards to teach Heavenly Father's children all because we decided to do our best in talking with everyone in Mandarin.

Yesterday night we taught a family that we just began working with and committed their daughter to be baptized on August 16. Her name is Amelia.  She will be nine years old by the time she is baptized and the family is setting a goal to go inside the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity.  This makes my heart just so SO happy!  We reviewed the Plan of Salvation yesterday and Amelia enjoyed searching the scriptures to learn more about it with the help of her parents.  She is a very bright young girl and she sounded out all of those big words from the scriptures.  We were really impressed and anyone could tell that the Spirit was there in that room tonight.  Continually testifying to their hearts of the truths of this gospel.  Amelia's father said, "I can tell our home feels a little more warmer now."  The Spirit was very tender in there.

I'll begin sharing my testimony which grew deeper this past week as I share an experience with you.  It begins with a lesson that we had with Francesca who just got baptized last month.  We are reteaching her all of the lessons since she just got baptized.  It happened to be a Skype lesson and we reviewed the Restoration with her.  We committed her to pray again to confirm that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true.  Not only that, but I committed to her that I would do the same thing.  So I kneeled by my bedside at night and began to pray to ask Heavenly Father to confirm these truths to me.  After I asked the questions to Heavenly Father and paused for a minute.  The feelings that I felt, from the power of the Holy Ghost are described in this scripture,  "Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me." (Alma 32:28) It was the greatest feeling I had ever felt as I prayed to know these things are true.  I will never forget that feeling.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet, because of the power of the Holy Ghost.

If you read the Book of Mormon and kneel by your bedside tonight and pray to know if these things are true, I promise, as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ that you will receive an answer.


Love, Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment