Learn more about Mormons

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015 ~ Week 58 (Week 4 Mandarin 1st Ward)



Hello family & friends!

Looking back on this week, I would have to say that it was themed after President Eyring's talk that he gave at the General Women's
Conference this past Saturday.  It was all about honoring our covenants as disciples of Jesus Christ: mourning with those that mourn and comforting those that stand in need of comfort.  It was interesting as not only I was able to comfort many people, but I too was in need of comfort.  Even if we don't know exactly what someone else is going through, the Savior knows perfectly what they are going through and so we can pray for that help to comfort as He would.  It's amazing who we can become as we think and act in the ways of Christ.  We show the Savior that we love Him when we help others along the way.

I sure did love the Women's Conference, especially the theme of it 'The Family is of God'.  I had a very tender moment as I was watching the choir sing after the second talk.  As you all may know, this was my final General Women's Conference in the mission field because I won't
be here in October.  I listened to all of those women sing and it was so beautiful.  They were dressed in an Easter type of attire.  Bright and happy colors.  There was something different though and it hit me.  They didn't have the black name tags on.  Uncontrollable tears streamed
down my face.  I never looked at that in that way in previous times that this is seriously a very short time that I have to serve.  I realized how much I cherish wearing this black name tag with the Savior's name right with mine more than anything.  It was a very spiritual experience for me to really realize that it truly is such an honor to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  And I don't want to let any opportunity pass by to share the truth of this gospel.

I am super excited to be able to watch General Conference this Saturday and Sunday.  It seems like yesterday that the October Conference was happening.  We can treasure the words that the prophet, apostles, and other church leaders speak because they are as important as the scriptures. I know that Jesus Christ is at the head of His Church.  I know that there is a prophet on the Earth today who was chosen to testify of Jesus Christ and help our families return to live with Him again.  His name is President Thomas S. Monson.  I know that the counsel that he will share, comes from God. Enjoy!

Love, Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment