Learn more about Mormons

Monday, November 17, 2014

November 10, 2014 ~ Week 38



Hello family & friends!

I am not quite sure of how I feel about my last day being a teenager, but it is definitely great.  I was just sharing with my dad this, 'How often do you get to be a full-time, set apart ambassador for the Lord Jesus Christ, declaring the message of the restored gospel on your birthday?  Best knowledge ever.' I only get one birthday as a full-time missionary!

I must share with you an experience that a mother of a family that we are working with, had when she prayed and asked Heavenly Father if Joseph Smith was chosen to be the prophet that Christ would restore the fullness and entirety of His church through.  Her name is Wendy. 

She said:

"Well, I prayed and asked God if it was true. (she waited a minute for her answer) The Spirit then said, 'what do you think?'. She said, well I think that it's true. The Spirit told her, 'you're right'."  What a
beautiful, yet simple experience that this young mother had because she sincerely prayed and asked Heavenly Father about this.  She really wanted to know in her heart that this is true and because of that, she was ready to receive her answer.  I encourage each of you to ask for a confirmation and a reconfirmation of this truth, because I know that every time that I do that, my testimony of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel is strengthened and grounded as well as that Joseph Smith was able to be an instrument in God's hands to bring about the most prominent, profound blessing that I and millions could ever have to enjoy here and in eternity.  This can be applied to know in your mind and heart any truth.

I have been truly pondering and have been so amazed by the example of these faithful members in the St. Augustine ward who make a 50 mile round trip to church each Sunday.  The amount of blessings they are receiving because they are making that trip.  Their example and the blessings that they are receiving correlated with a few verses in the Book of Mormon that I read.  Jesus Christ is speaking in terms of
putting the gospel first in our lives no matter what the circumstances may be.


"Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat?  or, What shall we drink?  or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all
these things shall be added unto you.  Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.  Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof."  3 Nephi 13:30-34 Faith brings about mighty miracles. Heavenly Father will ALWAYS provide us with what we need if we put Him first. One blessing I know that these members are being blessed with is extra gas money.  What are we willing to do to consecrate ourselves to the building up of the kingdom of God?  I often ponder on that question.

Another thing that I am learning is working with some lovely daylight savings time ending.  It is completely dark at about 6:15.  I never have been involved with daylight savings time due to Arizona being the only
normal state that doesn't change time with the seasons.  I will say that God is blessing us because we can knock on any door at any time between those dark hours and they are incredibly sweet to us.

Pray for an opportunity to share with someone what you most treasure about the gospel.  If you have real intent, God will place someone in your path because He trusts that you will talk to them.

Love, Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment