Learn more about Mormons

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October 13, 2014 ~ Week 34


Hello family and friends!

Walmart today was a miracle when we went shopping. We met a woman who had attended the church before previously and met Sister Missionaries, but had no way to contact them. She had been praying to see them again some day and then she found us. I know that Heavenly Father listens and answers each and every one of our prayers.

We have been asked by President Craig to have a Golden Hour everyday.  Devoted to inspired goals and plans that will help us to achieve that goal. Our goal was to see if we can have two return appointments with the fabulous people we meet and our plans were to talk to everyone.  Heavenly Father completely blessed us and I know that it was because we talked with everyone. We received three return appointments and an opportunity to serve at a huge event that has been going on for 12 years on thanksgiving weekend. It was quite the miracle! 

Sister Dixon and I, for the first time on our missions received our first persecution for what we teach as missionaries. It was definitely
different and not expected, but it happened.

Also, did you know that you can teach the 10 commandments by using math? One of the girls we are working with learns best by using math.  So we came up with a way for her to learn the 10 commandments in that way! (Photo is below).  It was neat. It wasn't our idea alone, it was definitely by the Spirit.




The members of this Ward are such great example to me, for the kind of member missionary I want to be when I return. I don't know if I mentioned this in a previous letter, but we travel about 40 minutes to our church building each Sunday due to a problem with mold in the building we are suppose to attend. These members are always so ready and willing to give rides to those who are interested in learning more about the restored gospel and are happy to have them in their homes to share their testimonies of this gospel with them. Being a member missionary is going to be the best calling ever!

A thought I would like to leave with you all this week is about the
Preach My Gospel handbook. I have never used Preach My Gospel so much as I have the past 4 weeks. In this handbook is 'extremely valuable information'. From studying certain principles in this book in preparation for a lesson, Sister Dixon and I were able to find that
our lessons were so much more prepared and lead by the Spirit. An
example to me was on Sunday before Sacrament meeting began, we  went around speaking to the members and there was one woman who is the first counselor in the Young Women's, who was studying and reviewing Preach My Gospel in the chapter for developing Christlike attributes in preparation for her lesson that she was going to teach to the Young Women. I'll paraphrase what she said, there was no better way for her to prepare than by studying from Preach My Gospel. This handbook is not only for missionaries, it is for members too! "Every member a missionary!" Use this handbook in your lives! The blessings, blissful.

I love all of you and keep you in my prayers.



-Sister McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment