Learn more about Mormons

Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 20 ~ July 7, 2014


Hello family and friends and Happy late 4th of July!

This week I was able to witness a miracle on Facebook. About a month ago, a man named Zachee from Africa asked me to be his friend on Facebook. I proceeded to message him and share my testimony about the Book of Mormon and asked if he has ever heard of the Book of Mormon. He then started talking about how much he loves the Bible and after another response, he did not reply. During the huge Book of Mormon event happening on Facebook to spread the word about the Book of Mormon across the world, I continued to invite Zachee to these four events about the Book of Mormon and he did attend. A day after the fourth event began, Zachee messaged me and I asked again if he has ever read from the Book of Mormon. He then said, "How can I get this book? Can you send it to me? I need it very much! Thank you for getting my attention!". We are in the process of sending him a Book of Mormon in French and Kirundi. I have no idea if the Book of Mormon is written in Kirundi but I guess we'll find out! The Spirit is touching the hearts of many worldwide. Thank you to all who participated in this event.
The Book of Mormon changes my life everyday and I know it can change your life every day.

The highlight of my week was that we had a great lesson with a woman named Christine. I love her! We were teaching her and her husband the Restoration and when Christine was taught about Joseph Smith's first vision, we held a picture of Joseph Smith seeing God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. She could not peel her eyes from this picture and the experience that she had just heard. While the lesson continued, her caretaker walked in and sat down to hear the message we had to share. She wanted to learn more as well. At the end Christine wanted the pamphlet to keep and started to open it and turn the pages. I told her it had the picture of Joseph seeing God and Jesus Christ and she said, "I know, that is what I'm looking for." 
The vision that Joseph Smith had was a beautiful thing. He was looking for something more and he got down on his knees to pray and find out for himself. I know that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ on that morning in 1820. He was called to be the next prophet to lead and guide Christ church, with Jesus Christ at the head of it, still leading it today. God truly does answer our prayers.

As of today, we are now biking Sisters! I cannot wait for this!

On the 4th of July, I was on a tradeoff with my Sister Training Leader! Fireworks went off like crazy all night long. The prettiest view that I had ever seen was when we were driving over a huge bridge to get home. The sun was down, but there was still light outside. Off in the distance you could see fireworks everywhere across the water and the islands. It was beautiful. That was my 4th of July! It was the best.

I love all of you and am praying for you!

Love, Sister McCook



No comments:

Post a Comment